Thursday, January 26, 2023

The Assassin’s Promise by Merri Bright

 












3.5 Star

Roya has been flunked out of the Assassins Guild. She’s angry with how everything has played out and that her mentor has screwed him over. When she finds out why Thorn failed her she has to trust him but who else can she trust. People from all over the world are tracking her to get her and keep her. Roya doesn’t want to do anything but learn more ways to poison someone and maybe how to use some of her mysterious powers. Will she be able to ignore the pull she has for Thorn, the prince, warrior-scholar, and a pirate?

I still enjoyed this one but it was a bit longer than it needed to be. There was a lot of build up that I didn’t feel enhanced the story. I love when authors put more info in the books but this felt like too much details than needed. It dragged the pacing of the book down to have it. I liked the guys in her harem and they all brought different things to the relationship with her and I loved that. I also liked that she was a major kick ass and strong woman. Overall, it was still a good book and it added to the series.

Book 2 Lost Lines

Amazon 

No comments:

Post a Comment