Friday, January 6, 2023

Anna and the Alien by Honey Phillips

 












2 Star

Anna just wanted a vacation from life not to be kidnapped by aliens and forced to help an injured alien. When the ship they are on crash lands on a strange planet she’s forced to work with and trust the injured alien in hopes of making it home to earth. Jakkar was on a mission to find a new planet for his people when he was taken and imprisoned. He’s forbidden from mating with someone outside his race but when he meets Anna he can’t walk away. Can the survivors find safety and happiness on this new planet?

I have never been so happy to read a series out of order than I was with this book. Hanna in the hitman was free which is why I read that first, loved it, and then I went back to read this one. I figured that if I liked Hanna, I would like this one and I did not. I struggled to finish it and if I’d started with this book, I’d never would have read Hanna and the Hitman.  I didn’t like Jakkar was up until the very end of the book I can’t be with Anna. Nothing is worth losing my people for but he won’t stay away from her. Every time he does this it hurts Anna. I like a good dark or bully romance, but this was just cruel. It literally took his best friend telling him she would be worth being outcast for him to get it through his thick skull. She of course felt it was perfectly fine to forgive him instantly. This makes me sad because it was an interesting take on space aliens. Since I liked the 8th one, I'm going to try to read the 2nd-7th ones to see if they get better as she writes more.

Book 1 Alien Abduction

Amazon 

No comments:

Post a Comment