Friday, January 27, 2023

Ruled by Magic by Zara J Black

 












1 Star

Lord Commander Leo Rahl gave Livet a choice, to take the 15 years in prison for exposing the magical elite or 6 months of being his toy. She opts for the 6 months figuring it won’t be that bad. He can do whatever he likes to her and there is nothing she can do. Will she regret her decision to take Leo’s deal?

So I borrowed this book twice cause I forgot I read it, that is how forgettable it is. I wanted to like it but it just came across as an abusive relationship vs a dark, BDSM esq book. I don’t usually have a problem with dark or Dub/Con but this one crossed a line. Some people might be ok with the content and there’s no judgment for my morals it crossed a line. There was a lot of public humiliation, and this would have been fine but she hated it. None of it was for her pleasure but all his. He wanted revenge on her and it twisted into love at some point but I never felt the connection. Overall, the writing style was good and I will probably give the author a second chance but this book wasn’t for me.

Book 1 Ruled by Magic

Amazon 

No comments:

Post a Comment