Saturday, May 16, 2020

Part-Time Gods by Rachel Aaron

Part-Time Gods (DFZ Book 2) by [Rachel Aaron]

3 Stars

Opal Yong-ae is a cleaner in the Detroit Free Zone.  With her partner Nik she’s trying to get the funds together to pay her father off and get from out from under his rule.  Her father laid a curse on her to prevent her from making money to pay him back.  With the help of Nik she’s trying to find a workaround the curse.  When things look like they finally turning around her father calls her loan due. 

Where I liked the first one a lot this one didn’t appeal to me as much.  Opal was more whiney in this book and it frustrated me.  I also had issues with how Opal treated those around her, in particular Nik.  He gave up a lot to help her and he just kind of gets shit on by her.  It also seemed to be unfinished.  It just ended without concluding.  There is a third book and I will be checking out the book just so I can see what happens but I am not happy.  

Book 2 of DFZ

No comments:

Post a Comment