Wednesday, May 20, 2020

Nightworld Academy: Term One by LJ Swallow

Nightworld Academy: Term One by [LJ Swallow]

1 Star

DNF

Maeve has visions of the future.  When she is expelled for punching another student to save someone else’s life she is transferred to the academy.  Thinking that this is just a school for troubled kids she believes she as it all figured out. Until she finds out her visions aren’t a curse but a gift and she isn’t the only one.

This is a book that I should have liked but I didn’t and I couldn’t even get halfway through it before I gave up.  It is labeled as YA but it’s supposed to be a reverse haram slow burn.  Please explain how this is supposed to work?  It just confused me. Plus I didn’t like the characters.  Maeve was whiny and she didn’t want to explain anything that is happening because no one would believe her.  The writing also felt like it was dumbed down.  Instead of writing the story for the audience that should be 16-19 ish it was written more like it was for someone much younger than that.  I know there are more books and it’s supposed to turn into an adult romance but I am just not interested in seeing where it is going.

Book 1 of Nightworld Academy

No comments:

Post a Comment