Thursday, May 28, 2020

Get a Life, Chloe Brown by Talia Hibbert

Get a Life, Chloe Brown: A Novel (The Brown Sisters Book 1) by [Talia Hibbert]

3 Star

Chronically ill computer geek Chloe Brown is ready to start living her life.  She’s made a list and is determined to have some fun.  She might need some help with her list and that’s where Redmond “Red” Morgan comes in.  He’s the handyman of her building who has tattoos and rides a bike.  They don’t get off on the right foot but the more they spend together the more they want to be together. 

 

I liked this story.  I wouldn’t consider it a rom com like it is labeled as.  There wasn’t a lot of humor in it for me at all.  This could be because of I have read other books and laughed my way through and this book was too serious.  The writing was really good throughout the book and the pacing was spot on.  I did have issues with the way conflict was tossed in with about 2 chapters to go.  I was really digging it until then.  I didn’t have any issues with the sex scenes or the conflict between Red and Chloe just didn’t feel right where it was placed in the story.  I liked the writing enough that I’ll check out the next book in the series.

 

Book 1 The Brown Sisters


No comments:

Post a Comment