Friday, May 22, 2020

Chase the Dark by Annette Marie

Chase the Dark (Steel & Stone Book 1) by [Annette Marie]

3.5 Stars

Piper Griffiths only wants to be come a Consul.  That was her plan until her house explodes.  When she is excused of being in on the theft she goes on the run with the incubus Lyre and Draconian Ash.  They have to find who broke into her home and find the stolen artifact to clear her name.

I picked this book up after finishing one of Annette Marie’s other books.  I have loved everything else that I’ve read by her and I figured this would be right up there with them.  This book had more issues for me.  I felt the pacing was off and there needed to be more world building.  It seemed like there were action packed parts and then parts that lagged and then it would speed up again.  I found I kept putting the book down because of the pacing issue.  I will still read the next book and am hoping the pacing gets better.  Plot points were pulled out to explain things and it was frustrating to have something suddenly be introduced to explain a plot point.

Book 1 Steel & Stone


No comments:

Post a Comment