Monday, May 18, 2020

Dragon Called by Kara Lockharte and Cassie Alexander

Dragon Called: A Slow Burn Sexy Paranormal Romance by [Kara Lockharte, Cassie Alexander]

4.5 Stars

 

Night nurse Andi Ngo is in need of money to rescue her brother again she takes the night shift offer from a recluse billionaire.  Damian Blackwood needed her to save his friend and then disappear.  Instead she turns out to be more important to him than he ever thought someone would be.  She discovers he is a secret shapeshifter dragon and doesn’t run.  Instead she helps him and his group take out bad supernatural beings.

I actually really liked this book.  She was new to me and I couldn’t put the book down.  I liked the fact that she was human and she just rolled with the supernatural part of him.  It didn’t freak her out that he was a dragon but she was confused by the insta love which made it easier to not feel frustration over that plot point.  The pacing was also spot on.  I never felt like there was a lag or there was a push to conclude the story.  The ending made me so mad but in a good way.  I need the next one now.  With Spoilers:

*

*
*
*
*
*
*
*
It ended with her standing up for herself.  He pushed her away for whatever reason and she let him.  Her entire life was people not taking her needs into consideration and he was just one too many.  He wanted her gone so she was gone.  I loved this.  Most books that have a similar plot point have the woman instantly forgiving the guy and all is well in their life.  This is setting it up for him to have to work for her and I love it.

 

Book 1 of Prince of the Other Worlds

 


No comments:

Post a Comment