Sunday, October 4, 2020

Whelon by Celia Kyle and Anne Hale

 









1 Star

Sasha Dane is a minor celebrity who is trying to promote her opinions about the Preor.  She is determined to prove they kidnap women and shouldn’t be allowed to stay on earth.  She snags an invite to the Preor Choosing and hopes to show the world how bad they are.  Instead she ends up mated to Healing Master Whelon.  Whelon has never liked these events but he shows up and finds his mate.  Instead of being a happy experience his mate is whisked away and mating sickness sets in for both of them.  When he finally tracks her down they should have their happy ending but events are going against them and they will need to find a way to be together.

I hated this book so much.  I barely finished it and it is was just because I wanted to see if it would get better.  It didn’t.  I loved Healing Master Whelon but I can’t say the same for Sasha.  She was a whiney brat who was so freaking weak.  She keeps going back to her mother who is determined to bring down the Preor and will do anything to get what she wants even if it kills Sasha.  Sasha lets her get away with it.  You are an adult who has a mate why would you keep going back to your mother who is literally killing you.  This book is not like the beginning series.  I used to love them and rereading them.  I used to preorder all of them and with the last one and now this one and I am just done.  The series had strong women who had gone through so much and still kicking.  The last couple have had very week female characters and I am just over it.  Maybe Celia Kyle should just end it. 

Book 12 Dragons of Preor

No comments:

Post a Comment