Tuesday, October 27, 2020

From Ashes by Elise Faber

 









4 Star

After Gabby was rescued she isn’t sure if they will let her stay if they knew her secret.  She tries to stay under the radar and away from others to protect them.  Mason has been widowed forever and hasn’t been interested in anyone since the death of his wife and son until Gabby.  Will they be able to work through their issues to find their happy ending?

This is a pretty good story.  The biggest issue I had was it says it is book 1 but it didn’t feel like book 1.  There were a lot of things that didn’t make sense because it was reference the original series this book is a spinoff of.  If I had read all of those it probably would have made more sense.  That goes for the world building as well.  I still have questions about the world and since I enjoyed this one I will be checking out the other series.  I also didn’t understand why Gabby felt her big bad dark secret was that bad.  It wasn’t and it didn’t help the story along to have this big bad attitude about it.  I enjoyed the relationship between Gabby and Mason.  They struggled with their pasts and tried to find a way to make their relationship work and work through their pain.  This was why a 4 star review.  I enjoyed how it was written and the struggle the two had to come together made it worth all the other issues.

Book 1 Phoenix: LexTal Chronicles


No comments:

Post a Comment