Wednesday, October 7, 2020

The Dragon Who Loved Me by G.A. Aiken

 









4 Star

Rhona the Fearless was raised to fight.  One of the Cadwaladr Clan with all the craziness but awesome fighting skills.  She is asked to go after Annwyl and make sure she gets back from her mission.  Vigholf knows Rhona is his she just hasn’t realized it.  When she agrees to go after Annwyl, Vigholf will follow.

I would have loved this book and given it a 5 if not for the jumping between characters in the first half of the book.  I loved Rhona and Vigholf’s characters as well as their love story.  With all of the characters so far this one was kind a quiet couple. I don’t know how else to explain them.  They aren’t outgoing.  They aren’t kings, queens, princess, prince or any other bigwig.  They are the foot soldiers and I just really enjoyed them.  It was a good addition to the series.

Audiobook:

I liked this audiobook.  The shift in the narrator made it a little difficult since I had been listening to Hollie Jackson.  Morgan Hallett wasn’t bad by any means I was just used to Hollie Jackson.  I know G.A. Aiken has no control over the narrator but I wish when author or publisher would just stick with one person for a series barring something major for consistency in the voices.

Book 5 Dragon Kin


No comments:

Post a Comment