Saturday, October 10, 2020

Light my Fire by G.A. Aiken

 









4 Star

Celyn the Charming may have forgotten about her but it wasn’t his fault.  Elina Shestakova of the Black Bear Riders of the Midnight tried to kill his queen.  He was ordered to stash her away so he did.  How was he to keep track of her.  Now that they need her help he’s stuck with the woman with the longest names and she isn’t even impressed by him.  The horror of this is inconceivable. 

I really enjoyed this for the most part.  There were some slow parts where I wanted the story to move on already.  The journey to Elina’s family was the part that I wanted them to move on already.  That was the first half of the book.  What made the book a 4 is that I LOVED the last several chapters.  Those few chapters are what made the book amazing.  It was awesome to see some of the previous characters in this book like Bram.  I loved his story and I loved seeing him again.  This was a good addition to the series.

Audiobook

Morgan Hallett narrated this book.  She did an ok job.  I’ve talked about this before they’ve had better narrators for this series and even though we are several books in with this narrator I am still not a huge fan.  She is a good narrator just want the character voices to be the same throughout.

 

Book 7 Dragon Kin


No comments:

Post a Comment