Tuesday, October 13, 2020

The Rookie by Kimberly Kincaid

4 Star

A.D.A. Tara Kingston is trying to get justice by taking a major criminal off the streets when her CI is attacked.  The responding officer, Xander Matthews, has wanted her for the last two years since she tried to prosecute him.  He’s cleaned up his life and joined the force. They will work together with the Intelligence Unit to keep the CI safe and get a conviction.

As I read this book, I felt it was a part of another series even though it said book one.  When I looked into this it is a spinoff of two other series by Kimberly Kincaid.  It wasn’t anything major that took away from the book overall but some of the plot would have made more sense if I had read the other two series.  I enjoyed the story even with this confusion.  I liked the couple a lot.  They really worked well together.  I also enjoyed the mystery of who was going after the CI.  I look forward to reading the next book in the series as well as going back and reading the other two series.

Book 1 The Intelligence Unit



No comments:

Post a Comment