Sunday, October 11, 2020

Feel the Burn by G.A. Aiken

 









3 Star

Gaius Domitus is the one-eyed dragon King.  He is determined to take out more of his relatives who are gunning for his throne.  Kachka gave up her place with the Stepps for her sister.  Her new queen is sending her on a mission using other Daughter of the Stepps to take out those who are trying to overthrow all of the current monarchs.  Gaius and Kachka keep running into each other on their own missions and decide to combine their forces to take out the threat.

This was a rare miss for me with this author.  I didn’t see the connection between Gaius and Kachka.  It didn’t see any chemistry between them or building of a connection like past characters have had.  There was also one scene in the book that really bothers me.  It was about one of Daughter of the Stepps Zoya taking a soldier who seemed to be unwilling to bed.  It was used as a humorous point in the story and I didn’t find it amusing to joke about someone being forced into sex.  I don’t think the author meant for it to be construed that way but it is how I took it.  The story was also all over the place.  I didn’t read this yesterday but recently and if not for notes I couldn’t tell you what the book was about.  It was that forgettable.  Overall, I think this was a bridge book for the next one which I hate seeing.

Book 8 Dragon Kin


No comments:

Post a Comment