Wednesday, October 28, 2020

A Bad Day for Sunshine by Darynda Jones

 









2.5 Star

Sheriff Sunshine Vicram didn’t run for office but here she is elected as sheriff of her hometown.  Moving her daughter Auri home with her parents she doesn’t expect anything special for her first day.  Instead of an easy day there is a delivery of muffins that prophesies trouble to come.  A girl has gone missing and she will need to find her before it’s too late.  Secrets will come out.

This book was so incredibly slow.  I had the hardest time getting into it and I gave it way more chance than I normally would have because her other books are so amazing.  I tried listening to the audio but found myself confused by the POV.  The book switches between Sun and Auri and at times I couldn’t figure out whether we were with Sun or Auri.  Even reading the book there were times I had to reread sections to figure out who was talking.  There was no suspense for the main plot point of the missing teen.  Everyone seemed to be walking around with no clue what was going on and it never really got better.  Who took the girl was just kind of revealed and who it was should have been a suspect at the beginning when the parents were interviewed.  I also had issues with the subplot of who Auri’s father was.  When all was said and done, they didn’t really wrap anything up in the story.  All of it is left dangling for the next book.  There are enough hints that you can guess some of the answers, but it just was so freaking frustrating.

Book 1 Sunshine Vicram


No comments:

Post a Comment