Wednesday, September 16, 2020

The Investigator by Anna Hackett

 









5 Stars

Museum Curator Haven McKinley left Miami for a fresh start without men.  She has an amazing job at a museum, new friends, and no abusive ex.  Haven likes her new boss, has made friends with his sister and is trying to avoid one of the brothers who is too hot for his own good.  She was sticking to that until someone stole a priceless art piece from the museum.  Now Rhys is not letting her out of his sights and they both are having trouble keeping their hands to themselves.  They will need to work together to track down the missing painting and keep Haven safe.

I enjoyed this book a lot.  The pacing was spot on.  There was no lags in the story.  I never felt like the book needed to move on already though I did want to read it faster than I did just because I wanted to see how it would turn out.  I enjoyed seeing Rhys breakdown Haven’s walls.  I also enjoyed seeing Rhys realize it wasn’t a passing fancy that she was it for him.  He was a whole lot of alpha male and she pushed back on so much because she needed to be involved.  It was awesome to read.

Book 1 Norcross


No comments:

Post a Comment