Tuesday, September 15, 2020

Devil’s Consort by Lia Davis and L.A. Boruff

 

3 Stars

Lilith used to be human before Lucifer took her from the mortal realm and changed her.  She became the mother of all vampires.  She has fought her desires for the King of Hell for 100s of years.  To defeat a powerful enemy she will need to put aside her anger and embrace Lucifer or all could be lost.

This book ends in a cliffhanger ending and you will need to read the next book Assassin to finish the story.  While reading it I was a little bored.  There was too much backstory which slowed down the overall book.  It was also backstory that wasn’t pivotal to the overall story so it felt like filler.  I found myself skimming those chapters to get back to the main storyline.  My other issue with this story was Lilith.  She was just a whiner and a hot head and both caused major issues in the book because of that.  I know it was a plot point to move the story along but it was also annoying to constantly be going over the same argument instead of finding something new to move it along.  Honestly the only reason I read the second book was because I wanted to see how it would end.

Book 1 Lucifer’s War

No comments:

Post a Comment