Monday, September 28, 2020

Securing Kalee by Susan Stoker

 









3 Stars

Kalee Solberg was taken by rebel forces 6 months ago.  She’s had to live through some of the worst things to survive.  She feels there is no out and she will die eventually.  Forest “Phantom” Dalton feels like they failed their mission when they didn’t bring Kalee back with Piper.  He’s livid when his superiors refuse to let him go in and get her out.  He takes a vacation and goes against orders to pull her out.  Without any one the wiser she is pulled out and taken back to the states where she can begin healing.

I wanted to like this book more than I did.  It was a well written story and I loved the characters in it.  I loved the introduction of new teams that will have their own stories next year.  There were also old characters that were back as well which was nice to see.  The reason for the rating I gave it was the reality of what Kalee faced and how it was handled.  Literally within 2 weeks (? maybe 1 week) she is lusting after Phantom and wants him.  They start a sexual relationship way sooner than I would think a rape victim would be willing to start and it just bothered me how it was handled.  I also didn’t see the point to him having a stalker.  It didn’t add anything to the story at all.  As I was writing this review I had completely forgotten about this aspect of the book.  If those scenes had been removed from the book it wouldn’t have mattered at all.  Other than these two parts of the story it was a really well written book and was a really good way to conclude the series.  I loved seeing how the Navy handled his actions.

Book 6 SEAL of Protection: Legacy Series


No comments:

Post a Comment