Friday, September 18, 2020

Shielding Kinley by Susan Stoker









5 Stars

Kinley has always felt like an outcast since her time in the foster system so when she connects with Delta Force member Gage “Lefty” Haskins she thinks it’s not going to work out.  She ghosts him after their first meeting.  When they meet a second time she swears she’s going to call him even though he lives in Texas and she in DC.  Instead she accidentally ghosts him a second time when her life falls apart after witnessing a high-powered state official with a murdered girl.  She is fired from her job and on her way home is shoved in front of a train which destroys her phone.  With no one to turn to she tracks Gage down for his help and advice.  The longer they’re together the greater their connection is but it puts his life in danger and Kinley will need to decide what is best for them.

I loved loved loved this story.  I was so mad and sad at one point in the book so many feelings.  Kinley makes the hardest decision in the world to protect those she loves and it’s months and months of waiting.  I loved the build up to this point and then I got very mad at the book and wanted to throw my device I was reading on.  It all works out in the end but the journey to the happily ever after was the best part.  I also enjoyed seeing characters from the other series in this book.  The set up for the next one was also nice to see and I now can’t wait for the book to come out.

Book 2 Delta Force 2

No comments:

Post a Comment