Sunday, September 20, 2020

Hard Target by Pamela Clare

 









4 Stars

Derek Tower, owner of a private military group Cobra, is sent in when things get difficult.  When he receives a call from a Senator to go to Afghanistan and bring his daughter home no matter what he at first refuses.  However, the Senator uses blackmail to get him to agree to go.  He reluctantly heads over to talk with Jenna into giving up her midwife duties to go stateside.  What Derek doesn’t plan for is the attraction they have for each other or the lengths in which the Senator will go to get her home.

This is a spin off series off of the I-Team series.  I haven’t read this series and jumped in with a different book in this series.  When I finished that one I wanted to read the rest of them so I went back to the beginning.  You don’t have to have read I-Team to understand what is going on in this book.  Now that the explanation is out of the way on to my thoughts on the book.  I enjoyed it a lot.  It seemed pretty accurate on the front of what the expectations of women in Afghanistan are and the danger aid workers are in when they go over there.  I liked the couple for the most part but there were times when Jenna frustrated me.  There was some pretty good action in the book before they head back stateside.  The only real disappointment for me was the Senator didn’t get his comeuppance.  Will definitely be checking out the rest of the series. 

Book 1 Cobra Elite

No comments:

Post a Comment