Friday, September 11, 2020

Anti-boyfriend by Penelope Ward

 The Anti-Boyfriend by [Penelope  Ward, Jessica  Royer Ocken ]

3.5 Stars

Having very thin walls makes life interesting for Carys and her manwhore next door neighbor.  When she finally tells him she can hear him through the wall instead of brushing it off Deacon takes steps to make Carys more comfortable.  When her daughter Sunny wouldn’t stop crying one night he came over and got her to settle and go to sleep.  As time passes Carys falls a little bit more in love with him but they are strictly friends…or are they?

I wanted to like this book more than I did.  It was enjoyable and I liked the couple for the most part.  I liked that it wasn’t insta relationship that it was a slow build into a relationship.  What I didn’t like was when Deacon walked away.  It seemed very abrupt in the story.  I actually had to go back and reread because we literally had him saying he loves Carys and Sunny and then we jump ahead 2 months and he’s gone.  It wasn’t that he left because I get where he why and it made the story better.  However, the author could have put in the scene between Carys and Deacon where he leaves instead of telling me it by a conversation between her and her friend.  That bit of the book really confused me and I had to reread to see if I missed something.  The author handled the making up really well.  There wasn’t an insta forgiven.  He had to work to prove he wasn’t going to leave her again.  I also really liked how the Charles situation was handled.  I was not expecting that arc to work out the way it did and it was a very nice surprise.  Overall, check out the book as it was a really good friends to lovers story just with a minor hiccup.

No comments:

Post a Comment