Saturday, September 19, 2020

Going Under by Skye Jordan

 









3.5 Stars

KT has always been fast and free since the death of her father.  When she caught in a cyclone with two other women they became best of friends.  Seven years later she is helping fix up Laiyla’s family business to sell.  She meets Dr. Delicious when she ends up in ER Christmas Eve for stitches.  She is all for hooking up but with 3 girls at home he isn’t interested in a hook up.  The more they see each other the more they want to be together.  Can KT get passed her need to be fast and free to join the family?

This story was ok.  I read all of it and there were parts I loved a lot but there were just as many I didn’t like.  I wasn’t a big fan of KT and I had issues with some of the decisions Ben made about their relationship.  The epilogue also didn’t ring true for how KT is and if you were going to have someone do a 180 in their life it should be something that is shown in the story.  There didn’t seem like the other two woman were in this as much as they were in the first one.  Which led to a disconnect with the overall story.  I also am curious if KT ended up selling her part of the resort or if they all stayed on and she just went gallivanting around the world.  I will be reading the last book just because I want to see how the series ends.

Book 2 Wildfire Lake

No comments:

Post a Comment