Monday, June 29, 2020

Written in Red by Anne Bishop

Written In Red (A Novel of the Others Book 1) by [Anne Bishop]

5 Stars

Meg Corbyn is a cassandra sangue or a blood prophet.  She’s run away from her handlers to be able to live.  She ends up running to the Lakeside Courtyard where human law doesn’t apply.  There the Others deal with humans because they must not because they want to.  When Meg comes to stay, she brings with her chaos and the Others will have to decide how important she is to them.

I loved this story.  It was a new take on fantasy.  It has parts that seem like it is set in the US but with different names.  I loved how innocent Meg was even though she had been abused in so many ways.  She wanted to be friends with everyone.  I loved the struggle the Others had learning how to care for Meg.  As well as, Meg trying to stand up for herself but stay within the bounds of the Courtyard rules.  Highly recommend this book.

 

Audio Book:

5 Stars

Alexandra Harris does an amazing job narrating this story.  I loved the different voices she had for each of the characters.  She brought the characters to life.  Even at the faster reading speed I loved this story.



Book 1 The Others

1 comment:

  1. I love this book and this series! Meg and Simon are my favorite characters! I cannot say enough good things about this book or the series1

    ReplyDelete