Wednesday, July 1, 2020

Murder of Crows by Anne Bishop

Murder of Crows (A Novel of the Others Book 2) by [Anne Bishop]

4.5 Stars

*Warning on this story.  The first chapter of the story talks about the rape of a teenager by neighborhood boys.  It isn’t graphic but it might upset some. *


Meg is settling in with the Others.  She’s learning more about where her limits are and what she can and can’t do.  Until trouble starts popping up with two new drugs on the market that are making people either extremely violent or so out of it, they won’t defend themselves.  Simon and the Lakeside Courtyard will need to figure out what is causing this to save everyone.

The only real reason I docked a half star is because there was less Meg and more other people being given a narrative.  I still loved the story.  More is discussed and addressed with Meg’s storyline.  I really enjoyed this story.  The pacing in it was spot on.  I never felt they needed to move on other then when I wanted to get back to Meg but that doesn’t count.  I really enjoyed the interpersonal relationship between Meg and Simon.  Can’t wait for the next book.

 

Audio Book:

5 Stars

This book was also narrated by Alexandra Harris.  Just like with the last book she did an amazing job and is worth listening to the book.

Book 2 The Others

1 comment:

  1. This book was amazing. Parts of it made me cry. I wanted to hurt characters. It kept me involved and wanting more.

    ReplyDelete