Monday, June 15, 2020

Hot and Badgered by Shelly Laurenston

Hot and Badgered: A Honey Badger Shifter Romance (The Honey Badger Chronicles Book 1)

5 Stars

Honey badgers can survive just about anything.  Charlie Taylor-MacKilligan knows all about this.  She and her sisters are cursed because of their father.  The world would be better off if he would just die already. When she is saved by a shifter Berg she needs to figure out what her father’s done this time.  Berg just wants to get to know the beautiful naked stranger that fell out of the sky.

 

I loved this story so much.  It was so funny and I couldn’t put it down or really stop listening.  The pacing in the story was spot on.  There weren’t any parts of the story that I felt needed fleshing out or were over explained.  I really liked how Berg and Charlie were together.  I also loved the interactions between Charlie and her sisters.  I cannot wait for the next book to see where the MacKilligan sisters are going.

 

Audio Book: 3 Stars

This is going to be a weird review.  I have listened to all of Shelly Laurenston’s books on audio and have absolutely adored all of them.  Charlotte Kane narrates all of her other books.  I got used to her voices for each of the characters.  When this book was released the publisher had picked Traci Odom to narrate this new series that was spinoff of her other books.  It shared characters but had some new ones as well.  When Traci Odom would speak in the new characters voices she did an excellent job narrating the book.  The issues for me came in when she was speaking for the characters from the last series.  They had definitive voices that I hear in my head and it just screwed with me.  Plus there was some issues with some of the characters.  There was one character, Bo, she gave him an eastern European accent.  He was from Maine.  When I haven’t listened to the other books I can disregard the issues but I tend to just read this book instead of listening to it.

Book 1 Honey Badger Chronicles

1 comment:

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE this series! It makes me laugh and I love the honey badgers...

    ReplyDelete