Tuesday, June 16, 2020

Crossroads by Lori L. Otto

Crossroads (Love Will Book 1) by [Lori L. Otto]

5 Stars

Will Rosser is smart, creative, and driven.  Forced to move back to New York City leaving his friends and girl friend behind made Will resent his mother even more.  He is given a trip back to Utah to visit his friends over the summer.  Instead of the fun time he expected he is betrayed by those he trusted the most.  This betrayal will change the path he was on. 

I really enjoyed this book.  It is a short story I received free with a book order and I thought I would give it a chance.  I had never read anything by this author before and after some research it looks like this is number 14 ish.  There were some references that probably would be better understood if I had read previous books, but it really does stand on its own merits.  This book leads into more books in the series.  The next one in the series is what happens to Will.  Even though I figured out the betrayal before it was written the journey was still interesting to read.  The pacing for the story was spot on even though it was a short story.  The characters had depth and you got the angsty teen in the story.  I really want to know what happens to Will so I will be checking out the next book in the series.


Book 1 Love Will

No comments:

Post a Comment