Thursday, August 4, 2022

Lord of Rain by Charlene Hartnady

 











2 Star

Bolt is the son of Zeus, and he is very similar to his father. He’s driven and ruthless. Since he’s been broken and can’t forget a ghost, he’s pushed everyone away. She wove a magic spell and captured him against his will now he’s dealing with the fallout of her death. After losing his administrative assistant he’s desperate for someone who can keep up with him. What he gets is Ashley. She has no experience working in an office and is learning as she goes but she intrigues him, and he can’t stop thinking about her. Ashley is just trying to make money to save her family’s bakery but what she gets is the adventure of a lifetime.

I loved the other books in the series and this one just sucked. I didn’t like Bolt or Ashley. Bolt has rubbed me wrong in previous books and this one doesn’t redeem him in my eyes. I also felt Ashley was a character the author couldn’t decide what she was going to be. One moment she’s the strong character and the next she was wishy washy. I found myself skimming to get through the book. I had been reading these back-to-back and this one put a stop to me reading them. I also noticed that the books all follow the same formula. Boy meets girl and he just can’t be with her because of the pact so let’s fight our feelings and then wait I love her and can’t live without her. It got old

Book 5 Dragons Demigods

Amazon


No comments:

Post a Comment