Friday, August 19, 2022

Hexes and Hot Flashes by Lisa Manifold

 








2 Star

For my 45th birthday Wynter was planning on spending the day with her BFF at the spa until it all comes crashing down with one final reveal from her recently deceased husband. He had a secret family in Arizona and money Wynter was expecting wasn’t coming as it was going to that family. It wasn’t the money but the fact that her husband had lied for years. Instead of the spa they go for drinks. One thing leads to another, and the bar ends up trashed and Wynter ends up with a glowing snake tattoo. Now she has a house guest to help with magical powers she doesn’t know what to do with and a short time to figure it all out before bad things happen. Will she figure it all out?

I wanted to like this story more. It was an interesting concept but left way too many questions in the end for me to enjoy it. I also don’t want to read more of the story as I didn’t feel the story was set up enough to entice me into reading more. The world building is doesn’t exist, and it seems like things change to help the story move along. I liked the authors writing but not enough to continue to invest in the story and characters.

Book 1

Amazon


No comments:

Post a Comment