Monday, August 29, 2022

Alexei by Brenda Rothert

 











3 Star

Alexei has been partying to hard and drives drunk, crashing his car into the side of a barn. He’s given an ultimatum to either go to rehab or no team will touch him. His current team released him, and the Chicago Blaze will take him on but only with rehab. There he meets his new councilor Grayson. Grayson is there to help him find awareness and understanding of his addiction. The problem she very much has a crush on Alexei that’s inappropriate and she had promised herself to never trust an addict. How will she be able to work through all of obligations and feelings?

I struggled with this one for personal reasons. The writing was still good, and I enjoyed that part of it. The problem I had was the ethics of have a licensed therapist hook up with a former patient. I will say she was no longer treating him, and it was I think 6 months after he left rehab, they start dating. To me it’s very grey, grey line that I struggled with. If you’ve read the other books and liked them and this doesn’t bother you, the book will work for you. This is very much a me issue. Still enjoying the series and can’t wait for the next one.

Book 5 Chicago Blaze Hockey

Amazon


No comments:

Post a Comment