Wednesday, July 22, 2020

Vende by Celia Kyle and Anne Hale

Vende (Scifi Alien Dragon Romance) (Dragons of Preor Book 11) by [Celia Kyle, Anne Hale]

2 Stars

After having a head injury as a child, Dawn, never thought she would be able to go anywhere but her family’s farm.  When the Preor realize they are running out of essential plants for healing remedies they look for an expert on Earth who may be able to bring the plants back to life.  They find Dawn’s family and have her come to their spaceship where she runs into Vende.  When they meet they experience the Knowing and change starts to happen with both of them.  Will they be able to fix all the problems that come their way?

This book disappointed me.  I’ve read all the books in the series.  Some were more successful than others but this one didn’t work for me at all.  I don’t know if it was due to a new cowriter, but it fell flat for me.  There were two big disappointments for me.  The first one was the fact that Dawn was so very demanding in a rude way once she was mated.  Demanding people do things for her and criticizing the way they had done things because it was simply wrong.  Even though she didn’t know their background lets just yell at them for doing something wrong.  The second one was the deal breaker for me completely.  Dawn had a brain injury as a child that left her very childlike.  She literally had no idea what sex was.  We are supposed to be enjoying a story about someone mating another who still acts like she’s 6.  I get that she was “healed” before they officially mated but she still didn’t understand.  It just skeeved me out.  I don’t like being skeeved out by the main characters and it just ruined the whole book for me. 

Book 11 Dragons of Preor


No comments:

Post a Comment