Friday, February 3, 2023

Darkest Night by Alessa Thorn

 









3 Star

Athena Edgeworth is not someone you want to cross. She was found as a child covered in blood in the forest and was raised to be a ruthless mercenary. When she is seduced by ex-assassin, Kon so he could steal a magical manuscript she is determined to get him back and then some. She steals one too many relics out from under him that Kon’s boss decides to take them both out. They will have to work together to get out of it alive.

This book started off so slowly for me. It did pick up and I ended up falling into the story and loved Athena and Kon. I also felt like we started a couple chapters into the story which might have been why the story was slow. I kept trying to figure out what was going on. Once I sorted everything I enjoyed the story and seeing how Athena and Kon get their HEA. I loved Alessa Thorn’s writing so I will be checking out book 2.

Book 1 Mercenaries and Magic


Amazon 

No comments:

Post a Comment