Wednesday, May 22, 2019

Solace Island by Meg Tilly book 1 – 4 star


Maggie Harris is about to walk down the aisle when her fiancé called it off.  Her sister Eve talks her into taking a trip to the Pacific Northwest to get away from it all and figure out what she wants to do.  Her new neighbor Luke Benson wants to help her move on.  When Maggie is nearly hit by a car he is determined to keep her safe and find out who is trying to injure or kill her.

I am just going to say it.  With mysteries I usually see the bad guy a mile away and this one I didn’t see at all.  Loved that I didn’t know until the very end.  The build up to the reveal was just the right amount of foreshadowing with just the right pace that when we get to the climax I was amazed.
The romance.  Both of them had been burned in the past by their fiancé.  They are both sort of cautious but more so with Maggie. 

I was irritated by Maggie’s sister Eve.  She is very pushy and it frustrated me to no end that she pushes Maggie into a new relationship so soon after the end of her engagement.  I don’t know if that was what Ms. Tilly wanted the reader to feel but that’s how it made me feel. 

Overall, I enjoyed the story and will definitely be picking up the next book in the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment