Wednesday, May 15, 2019

Lights out Lucy by Elicia Hyder book 1 Music City Rollers – 4 star


Accident prone Lucy Cooper isn’t looking for a relationship not until she crashes into West Adler.  Some cyber sleuthing later Lucy finds out he sponsors the Music City Rollers.  Entrigued and hoping to run into West she drags her roommate to the Roller Derby bout in hopes on running into West.  After the bout she finds out the team is holding a “fresh meat” tryout and decides to through caution to the wind and see what she’s made of. 

The premise of the book intrigued me enough pick up this book.  Lucy is a klutz and she decides to pick up roller derby.  I liked the interactions between Lucy and the other derby girls.  The book made me happy when Lucy succeeded in her goals for derby and frustrated me when Lucy’s dad was being insensitive about Lucy’s feelings. 

Ironically I was not overly interested in the relationship between Lucy and West.  He kind of irritated me and also seemed too good to be true.  Eventually the romance worked but the book feels more like a fiction story with a dash of romance in it verses a full blown romance novel.  There were also some slow parts to the book but they never lasted long.

Overall I enjoyed the story enough to want to read the next one in the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment