Saturday, May 25, 2019

American Witch by Thea Harrison – 4.5 Stars


Electrical surges, random car breakdowns, and unexplained visions have been driving Molly Sullivan crazy.  When she discovers her husband is having an affair it pushes her over the edge and into her witch powers.  When she begins divorce proceedings she uncovers a dangerous secret that her husband will do anything to keep hidden.

Powerful witch Josiah Mason is on a mission to take down a powerful enemy when he stumbles across Molly.  He must decide whether he will help Molly with her husband or continue on his quest to take down his enemy.

I loved almost everything about this book.  There was give and take between Molly and Josiah.  Molly’s world is falling apart when she discovers her magic.  Instead of falling apart she goes with it and is determined to take care of herself.  She is strong even when she is nearly killed.  Josiah also had to deal with his own issues.  He has to decide if he is going to continue on his track to get revenge or give it all up for Molly.  This struggle made the book more interesting because it wasn’t instantly I love yous and changing my life.  It took him working through his issues to get to the point where he was willing to walk away from his revenge for her because she mattered more than the revenge. 

There were some pacing issues at the beginning of the story.  There were times I wanted to move on already but once it got going it got going and I enjoyed the story.  This is a me thing but I kind a wanted some of the characters from Elder Races series to make an appearance.  That is completely on me and it wasn’t technically necessary but I wanted it.

Here’s hoping this becomes a series of books cause I want more.

No comments:

Post a Comment