Saturday, May 18, 2019

Forward Pass by Desiree Holt book 1 Game On – 4 star


Shay Beckham had her brother’s best friend Joe Reilly on a pedestal.  He was the star quarterback and everyone in their Texas town loved him.  Fifteen years later and Joe finally realizes Shay isn’t the little kid any more.  Now if only he can get her to realize he isn’t the player everyone thinks he is.

The book had good pacing.  The story moved along in a nice clip that I never felt like I was given too much information.  I enjoyed the interactions between Joe and Shay.  At times the book frustrated me but in a good way.  I wanted to smack Joe upside the head so many times to get him to see sense about his actions.  This made the book for me.  He was such an idiot but so likable you couldn’t hate him forever.  I also enjoyed the fact that Shay didn’t instantly forgive him for being an idiot.

Overall I enjoyed the book and am looking forward to reading the next one.

No comments:

Post a Comment