Tuesday, May 28, 2019

Scoundrel in Her Bed by Lorraine Heath book 1 of Sins for all seasons – 3 Stars


Lady Lavinia Kent is seeking redemption for her past.  When her path crosses with Finn Trewlove, a man from her past.  They can’t fight the love they have but when the truth comes out will they be able to live with their new truths.

I love most of the other books written by Lorraine Heath and I wanted to love this story too.  The plot was good, so were the characters and the character development.  What didn’t work for me was you would have a chapter in the current time and then a chapter of their past.  It was back and forth through about half the book.  The scenes from their past didn’t enhance the present story-line.  For me it detracted to the point I skipped a couple chapters because I wanted to continue the current storyline.  I didn’t care that Finn rescued Lavinia’s horse from being killed.  It wasn’t vital to the timeline.  The book had a prologue where Lavinia gives birth and that is all I needed to understand the current timeline.  I didn’t need the full backstory of how they met and fell in love and ended up being split up to become invested in the romance. 

Once the back and forth was done the story picked up for me and I enjoyed it immensely.  Both Lavinia and Finn were screwed over by Lavinia’s parents in different ways but they were able to come together in the end.  The whole story-line about their baby just made me so sad.

Overall I enjoyed this book.  Particularly when Lavinia and Finn got their well-earned Happily Ever After.

No comments:

Post a Comment