Tuesday, March 28, 2023

Nevermore Bookstore by Cynthia St. Aubin and Kerrigan Byrne

 


3 Stars

Cady inherited a bookshop from her aunt. She needs to find proof her aunt owned it to be able to keep it. When her shop is broken into the mystery man she’s been speaking to on the phone, Fox, decides enough is enough and he will do whatever he can to protect her. She can never know it’s him as he is too screwed up to be with him.

I wanted to like this more than I did. It was a slow burn romance which was fine. However, I never really connected with Cady and Fox. There’s no world building. I felt like we were just dumped into this story, and nothing is really explained. The bad guys were obvious, and they aren't really punished in any way. It just was an ok read for me.

Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment