Thursday, December 16, 2021

Shadow Thief by Eva Chase

 








3 Star

Sorsha rescues monsters from collectors in her spare time. One night it’s not like all her other jobs she ends up saving three higher shadowkind “monsters”. Ruse, Thorn, and Snap feel indebted to her and wanted to stay with her until they’ve repaid their debt to her. The problem they need to track down their boss Omen, who was captured at the same time but sold off to someone else. As they track down Omen the four of them get close. Will things change once the debt has been paid?

I actually enjoyed this up until they rescued their friend. At that point the way he acted kind of turned me off of the book/series. I looked at the other books to see if I wanted to continue the series as I was concerned about some of the things that happened at the end, and I didn’t want to invest in more time if it continued. My fears were confirmed, and something happens in a later book that is on my unforgivable tropes. I am very disappointed as I enjoyed this book a lot and wanted to continue the series.

Book 1 Flirting with Monsters

Amazon


No comments:

Post a Comment