Saturday, December 18, 2021

Romancing the Gravestone by Gena Showalter and Jill Monroe

 











2 Star

Jane Landling has overseen the family’s cemetery for several years. During her usually rounds she discovers an extra body resting in Plot #39. To help the locals investigate Special Agent Conrad Ryan is called in. When he doesn’t solve it fast enough Jane takes it upon herself to investigate. Will she be able to discover who murdered the good doctor?

I love cozy mysteries and I HATED this book. I picked this up and put this down so many times before I finished it. It was incredibly slow, and Jane was so FUCKING annoying. It felt like the authors wanted to make a quirky main character, but she just came across as annoying. I didn’t care when she was in with the murderer and could have died. That might have made the book better. One of the big things that kept bringing me out of the story was the made up GBH. Why would you make up a new state agency without explaining what they are there for. GBI is real and would have worked this case. I love Showalter books so I don’t know if it was Monroe or what that made this such a bad book, but I am not interested in the sequel. I don’t care what happens to any of the people in this book.

Book 1 Jane Ladling Mystery

Amazon


No comments:

Post a Comment