Tuesday, December 14, 2021

To Catch a Witch by Heather Blake


 










3 Star

As You Wish is hired to organize the Wicked Mad Dash by Abby Stillwell. It looks like everything is going ok until blizzard conditions rage. That is until Abby is found dead. Darcy will find out who killed her and why but will she end up injured or killed herself?

This one frustrated me. It had a lot of repetitive information that after reading all the other books made it hard to listen to at times. I also had a LOT of issues with Harper.  I get she was in a lose lose situation, but this book bordered on a trope I hate. This one felt like it took forever to finish, and I really hated listening to this book. I ended up saying screw it and picked up the book to read. Then I skimmed the book so I could be done. The bad guy was also a meh. I also had an issue with all the secrets that are being kept by so many of the characters. It just felt like people were being dishonest with each other. I remember why I haven’t finished the series as this book always brings me to a halt. I’ll try some other books and then get to the last book where Darcy should be getting her HEA.

Audio

I wasn’t sure if I would like Coleen Marlo but she does an amazing job with each of these characters. I enjoyed how she gave each character their own voice. Even listening to it faster didn’t take away from the story.

Book 8 A Wishcraft Mystery

Amazon


No comments:

Post a Comment