Monday, December 20, 2021

Duchess Hunt by Lorraine Heath

 











3 Star

Hugh Brinsley-Norton, the Duke of Kingsland needs a wife. With the help of Miss Pettypeace is his secretary he hopes to find a wife. She would love to take that role but doesn't feel worthy enough to be his wife. He is happy with her taking the lead on the search but soon finds himself more interested in her then finding a wife. When he finds out the truth about her will they have their happy ending?

I wanted to like this book more than I did. The twist at the end didn't work for me at all. The secret was when Penelope was young she posed naked for an artist who sold those prints for and wide. This led to her being booted from her family from the shame. I have no problem with this part of the story. a lot of women did what they had to, to survive. I just wasn’t a huge fan of Hugh. He never really does anything to win over Pen and I wanted her to get someone who deserved her. Overall, it was a fine book just not one of my favorite.

Book 2 Once Upon a Dukedom

Amazon


No comments:

Post a Comment