Monday, December 6, 2021

The Witch and the Dead by Heather Blake


 










3.5 Star

Now that Darcy has a new home, she needs to clean out the garage to move all her stuff over. What she wasn’t planning on was finding Miles Babbage her Aunt Ve’s second husband. Ve didn’t know he was dead, and she really doesn’t know why he was in her garage. Darcy will investigate to clear her aunt but it will bring a lot of secrets to light that some people don’t want brought out.

I figured out who the bad guy was pretty quickly.  I also didn’t like some of the main people in this book.  In addition to all of that I also lost a lot of respect for Marcus (Harper’s boyfriend). It would give too many spoilers if I explained why. Overall, Darcy grew as a character and the book ends on a positive note for her but others in her life have theirs ending in chaos.

Audio

I wasn’t sure if I would like Coleen Marlo but she does an amazing job with each of these characters. I enjoyed how she gave each character their own voice. Even listening to it faster didn’t take away from the story.

Book 7 A Wishcraft Mystery

Amazon


No comments:

Post a Comment