Thursday, April 1, 2021

Back in the Burbs by Tracy Wolff and Avery Flynn

 











3.5 Star

Mallory is having a run of very bad luck.  She caught her husband with another woman which led to her losing her job and her home and worst of all her great aunt died.  With the death of her aunt she inherits her home and a cranky HOA who wants the house cleaned up yesterday.  When she moves in against her parents wishes to get her life on track she finds a daunting task of things to do.  These tasks are not helped by the hot but cranky neighbor next door.  He pushes all of her buttons.  Will she find her backbone and possible love?

 The Book was ok.  My biggest problem with it was how wishy washy the Mallory was.  Every time there was some conflict she would just roll over and take it.  When she finally gets a backbone it's for the wrong reasons.  There were times I really enjoyed the book and those were what kept me reading.  I loved Nick.  He was a grouchy man but amazing.  The more you learn about him the more you respect him.  Even after Mallory was an ass to him, he forgave her with no issue.  One of the biggest misses for me was the storyline with the ex-husband.  It literally just mentions in passing what happened but in no amount of detail.  He was screwing her over and she finally fought him and I wanted the details.  Overall, it was just ok.  Not the worst book I read this week nor the best.  Will I pick up again probably not.  There are way better books by Avery Flynn to read.  

Book 1 Burbs

Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment