Monday, April 5, 2021

On the Rocks by Elise Faber

 











3 Star

Anabelle is the youngest child of all very successful people and she is just a bartender.  She's made a home for herself and is content to live her life the way she wants.  When a man shows up at her friends engagement she is there to protect them from the hurt they're feeling.  This is made difficult when it's the long lost brother Hayden.  Hayden has his reasons for disappearing and he will need to beg forgiveness.  Will he sway Anabelle and his friends and family to his side?

I wanted to like Anabelle and Hayden's story more than I did.  I just never got past Hayden abandoning his entire life and expecting everything to be perfect when he turns up YEARS later.  It was well written and I know some people loved the story.  I had a very hard time getting beyond him letting his family think he committed suicide so he could go deep undercover.  I liked Anabelle but even after finishing the book I still don't understand why her brother has so much hate for her.  Overall, it was an ok book.

Book 3 Love After Midnight

Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment