Friday, April 2, 2021

All I want for Christmas is a Cowboy by Jessica Clare

 











3 Star 

Eli plans on spending Christmas on the ranch by himself.  As a child of the system he doesn't have any family he wants to go see so he would rather let his coworkers go home and spend the holidays with family while he takes care of the animals.  While out rescuing a lost cow in a blizzard he finds a car had gone off the road.  Inside was a gorgeous woman, Cassandra, knocked out.  After getting her back to the house and she finally wakes up he's surprised to find she doesn't remember who she is.  As they get closer will the return of her memory keep them apart? 

I love Jessica Clare's writing but this book was a miss for me.  Eli and Cassandra were just ok characters.  The issue I had was Cassandra had amnesia from her car accident.  They hook up without thinking about what would happen if she's in a relationship.  When she finally gets her memory back she leaves without really talking to Eli.  Just I remember and now I need to leave.  It was ridiculous.  This ends up hurting both of them.  She will eventually come back for their happy ending but it just didn't work for me.  

Book 1 Wyoming Cowboys  

Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment