Saturday, April 17, 2021

Aurora Blazing by Jessie Mihalik

 









3 Stars Bordering on 2.5 Stars

Dutiful daughter of High House von Hasenberg Bianca has always done what she has been told but also worked around the rules to make sure people stay safe.  When there is an assault on the house and her older brother is kidnapped and assumed dead she is determined to find him and bring him home.  She doesn't believe he's dead and just needs to find him.  When head of house security Ian Bishop orders her to come home so she will be safe, she refuses.  They end up compromising and working together to track down the missing heir.  Will they be able tor rescue the heir and keep their own hearts safe?

Where the first one I loved this one was not so much loved.  This book dragged on and on and on.  I didn't feel a connection between Bianca and Ian.  It took until almost the end for there to be any kind of relationship between Ian and Bianca.  The idea and concept of the book was interesting but there needed to be better pacing and maybe some editing.  I also got tired of the ghost of Gregory.  Figure your shit out already was said repeatedly while listening to this book.  There were parts I skipped I was so bored and other than one time didn't really feel I missed anything.  Overall, I want to find out how the series ends but this book nearly turned me off of the series. 

Audio: 4 Star for the narrator.

Emily Woo Zeller did an amazing job narrating this book.  She did her very best to give each character a voice.  She did her very best to keep the book moving.  I would listen to another book narrated by her.

Book 2 Consortium Rebellion

Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment