Monday, August 17, 2020

Dragon Actually by G.A. Aiken

Dragon Actually (Dragon Kin Book 1) 

Dragon Actually by G.A. Aiken

5 Stars

Annwyl the Bloody needs to take out her brother to protect the kingdom.  While in a mini skirmish with some of her brother’s men she is grievously wounded and rescued by a dragon.  Feargus the Destroyer normally ignores what’s going on with the humans in the realm other than an occasional snack until he is disturbed by a battle just outside his cave.  He ends up killing the remaining men attacking Annwyl and brings in a healer to save her life.  With their many nights chatting he comes to feel so much for her and wants to help her to be able to destroy her brother.  What Annwyl doesn’t know is the knight the dragon brings in to train her is the same dragon she has come to care for.  She will have to take the throne and make it work with the dragon.

I loved this story.  When I originally read the book it was an interesting new take of paranormal romance for me.  I loved the humor of the story as well as how strong the women in the book are.  There is also the short story at the end of the main book called Chains and Flames.  This is the story of Princess Rhiannon and Bercelak coming together.  It was interesting to see how they came together but wasn't my favorite story.

 

Audio Book

Hollie Jackson does an amazing job with each character and made me realize that when I read the book I mispronounced almost every single name.

Book 1 Dragon Kin

No comments:

Post a Comment