Thursday, February 8, 2024

Valentine’s Heart by Merri Bright



3.5 Stars

All She needs to do is punch her V card before she goes into heat. The doctors think a nice beta will help me before I take an alpha’s knot on. My sisters find me someone at the club but all I want is the one person who is off limits. My alpha bodyguard is everything I want and can’t have. When he rescues me from the beta and pushes me into heat will I get my HEA?

Pretty solid book. The biggest issue I had was the ending. It felt rushed. Like the relationship building was going nicely and then an issue popped up with Donovan from something that happened when he was a teenager and he hadn’t really worked through it. This meant he wasn’t comfortable with having a true relationship with knotting with Valentine. I don’t know if it was page count or what but the author shoved it off. Got Valentine through her heat and then talked about it in the epilogue. It was fine but it felt like a cop out with how traumatizing this situation was to him. Overall it was a good addition to the series but it was definitely a short story.

Book 3 Billionaire’s Betasitter

Amazon 


No comments:

Post a Comment