Monday, February 26, 2024

Cheating Death by Sarah Reynolds



4 Stars

Sunday is an empath and she knows the rules to stay away from the other supernaturals but she’s not given a choice when her brother goes missing. She now has get help from a vampire. This brings her too close to other supernatural world and she must rely on Grayson to help get her brother back. But can they keep their hands to themselves?

This was a weird book I couldn’t put down and when I finished, I wanted to start the second book immediately. I wanted more world building and some things explained. I also with the author used the characters names vs pronouns because there were times it was difficult to determine who was speaking or being spoken too. I have zero problem with the one character asking to be referred to as they/them however, when the author is talking the collective plus this character it made me reread the paragraph a couple of times to figure out who was involved. It does end on a cliffhanger which was a bit disappointing but book 2 is out.

Book 1 House of Marchese Saga

Amazon 

No comments:

Post a Comment