Tuesday, January 12, 2021

Bad to Worse by Plum Pascal and HP Mallory











2.5 Star

Everly has left Dread and gone on to the correct Academy.  She hopes that it will be what she wants but she misses her men from Dread.  When she finally gets there she is bullied for smelling differently and having a gollum.  The gollum is her only friend.  Will she stay or go back to Dread and her men?

I wanted to like this book so much but the way it ends is what ruined the book for me.  It literally ends at what feels like mid book.   Spoilers will follow:




The people at the new academy arrests Everly and try and purge her of the influence of Dread.  The men come and save her from the purge but it erases her memory of them.  She wakes up in Jean-Claude Von Zarovich the third's castle and feels like she should know them but doesn't.  The book ends literally with her going back to sleep after finding out where she was.  No resolution at all.


So not only is this book a 100 pages less than the first book but it's a dollar more expensive.  I enjoyed the story and the writing but hated where the author ended the story.  Literally it was at the 80% mark on my kindle and the rest was ads for other books by these authors.  Overall, it was an interesting addition but one I wasn't overly happy about it.  I will wait and see what the next book holds just because I want to see where it is going but if that one ends the same way I am out.

Book 2 The F My Life

Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment